Consultation required prior to receiving treatment.
Jeuveau™ (prabotulinumtoxinA-xvfs) is a proprietary 900 kDa purified botulinum toxin type A formulation indicated for the temporary improvement in the appearance of moderate to severe glabellar lines in adults. Jeuveau™ is produced under strict quality and safety standards in a state-of-the art facility, specifically built to manufacture Jeuveau™. The safety and efficacy of Jeuveau™ has been evaluated in clinical studies with over 2,100 patients enrolled.
FDA approval of Jeuveau™ was supported by clinical data from two U.S. Phase III randomized, multi-center, double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trials both of which met the primary endpoint and demonstrated efficacy compared with placebo in the reduction of the severity of glabellar lines, defined as a 2-point composite improvement agreed upon by physician and patient, at Day 30. 67.5% of subjects in study one (EV-001) and 70.4% of subjects in study two (EV-002) met the primary endpoint, compared to 1.2% and 1.3% of patients in each placebo arm respectively.
JEUVEAU may cause loss of strength or general muscle weakness, vision problems, or dizziness within hours to weeks of treatment with JEUVEAU. If this happens, do not drive a car, operate machinery, or do other dangerous activities.
JEUVEAU can cause other serious side effects including: allergic reactions (such as itching, rash, red itchy welts, wheezing, asthma symptoms, or dizziness or feeling faint), heart problems (such as irregular heartbeat and heart attack), and eye problems (including dry eye, reduced blinking, and corneal problems). Tell your healthcare provider or get medical emergency help right away if you experience a serious side effect.
The most common side effects include: headache; eyelid drooping, upper respiratory tract infection, and increased white blood cell count in your blood.
JEUVEAU is a prescription medicine that is injected into muscles and used in adults for a short period of time (temporary) to improve the look of moderate to severe frown lines between the eyebrows (glabellar lines).
|Treatment Type||Injectables, Neurotoxins|
|Treatment Problem or Condition||Facial Volume Loss, Fine Lines, Wrinkles|
|Skin Type||Aging Skin|
|Size||Sold by the unit|
- Avoid rubbing the area for 4 hours after your treatment.
- Results may “kick-in” sooner if you move your facial muscles within an hour after your treatment. We recommend 50 of each expression right after you leave the office. We can show you how to do this.
- Results appear between 2-7 days after treatment, . Until we know your “perfect” dose, more may be needed for optimal results. Wait 1 week before returning for a touch-up.
There is a relatively low incidence of side effects with all toxins, all of which are temporary. These include:
- Lid Ptosis (drooping of the eyelid.) The incidence of this, although 1-3% in studies, has been less than 1 per 1,000 treatments in our office. If it occurs, it typically resolves by 4-8 weeks.
- Brow Ptosis (lowering of the eyebrow.) This can occasionally occur after forehead treatments in patients who normally have low-set brows and unknowingly use their forehead muscles to hold up their brows. If this has ever occurred, let us know and we can customize your treatment so that it can be avoided in the future.
- Bruising can occasionally occur at an injection site.
- A headache can rarely occur, usually due to a muscle spasm from the injection, not the product. It may last for 2-3 hours, rarely for several days. Tylenol or Advil can be taken after your treatment if this occurs.